Acrylic nails, like stiletto nails, are accessories which are very common among women, especially those who are very much into fashion. These accessories can only make the nails look even nicer because of the different designs and color combinations that you can experiment on. But as we know, artificial accessories also have the word “caution” written all over them. Acrylic nails are no exemption to that. When using these accessories, there are specific things that you can and cannot do. The following is a list of some do’s and don’ts when using acrylic nails.
The Do’s of Acrylic Nails
1. Before applying fake nails, make sure that you have healthy natural nails because these can break your nails, harm your nail beds, or cause infections. To have healthy nails, eat foods which are rich in calcium, zinc, and the A, C, E, and B-complex vitamins. Other supplements having ingredients such as biologically active natural collagen, which is essential for the health of nails, can also be taken.
2. As much as possible, make sure to apply acrylic nails thinly for a more natural look and stronger artificial nails.
3. To make your fake nails look neat and natural, keep them short at about 2-3mm above the fingertips. If you are working in a corporate environment, you can use oval-shaped nails since they appear more professional.
4. In order to prevent nail damage, regular maintenance and re-application of the fake nails should be done, which is usually every 2 weeks or depending on how quick your natural nails grow.
5. When removing your artificial nails, make sure that you know how to do it properly, since it can be difficult and painful. Or if you’re not so sure about your skills, have a reliable salon’s professional do it to avoid causing harm and infection to your natural nails. Make sure that the salon practices proper hygiene, including the sterilization of instruments.
6. Wear rubber gloves when doing household chores to protect your nails. Though they may feel hot and uncomfortable, just keep in mind that your health and nails are much more important.
1. Do not expose your acrylic nails to harsh chemicals since these may crumble.
2. Do not bite or cut your acrylic nails because these can cause shattering, and eventually cause damage to your natural nail plate.
3. Do not use your acrylic nails to open bottled softdrinks, cans, or anything that can put them at risk of breaking/shattering.
4. Do not use acrylic nails when babysitting because these can expose you to more infections which can be easily transmitted to babies.
5. Do not use glue for lifted or broken acrylic nails because it isn’t watertight. Use the appropriate adhesive material for acrylic nails.
6. Do not use acetone or regular nail polish remover for your acrylic nails. The solvent in the nail polish remover can weaken your fake nails and cause them to separate from the natural nail. Instead, use acetone-free nail polish remover.
We do hope that the list that we have above has somehow helped you in a way. Always remember to study this list if you have plans on having acrylic nails since these are artificial accessories and can therefore cause possible harm. But don’t be afraid because as long as you read the list of acrylic nail art designs that we have above, then you’ll be alright for sure. And if you need any help before buying matte black nail polish, we also have an article for that which will direct you to Amazon online shopping store for the best products.